The LEGO Nostalgia Board
Welcome Guest, we hope you have a great time! If you're already a member, you can sign in here. Or if you're a guest, register and join the fun!
Announcements
Welcome to LEGO Message Boards Reborn. We're in the process of improving the forum and preparing it for more users.

American Football.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

jpmi
Senior Journeyman
Senior Journeyman
Male Number of posts : 288
S.P.A.M. :
1 / 501 / 50

Registration date : 2009-01-31
View user profile

Postjpmi on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Talk about American Football here.Like what is your fav. team,Do you play football, fav. player,fav. coach,your opinion,Facts about the game, and anything else you can think of related to football.

PostGuest on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:21 pm

STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS STEELERS!!!!!!! Troy Aumua Polamalu, #43 of the Steelers is my fav. Player!!
Grave Digger
Senior Journeyman
Senior Journeyman
Male Number of posts : 231
LMB Username : DOMINICK98
S.P.A.M. :
50 / 5050 / 50

Registration date : 2009-03-29
View user profile

PostGrave Digger on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:47 pm

amb202, you have to be kidding me, The steelers played the ARZ. Cardnals (They rock Smile) In the Super bowl.

CARDNALS RULE THEY DO NOT STINK

PostGuest on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Um, sorry to break it to you, but Cardinals LOST! and Steelers WON! and well thats 6 superbowls they have, right?? I think so. Most ANY team has ever gotten Razz .

Last edited by amb202 on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grave Digger
Senior Journeyman
Senior Journeyman
S.P.A.M. :
50 / 5050 / 50

View user profile

PostGrave Digger on Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:12 pm

amb202 wrote:Um, sorry to break it to you, but Cardinals LOST! and Steelers WON! and well thats 6 superbowls they have, right?? I think so. Most ANY team has ever gotten.
Hey, thats not cool!!! Mad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad I love that state. I miss it so much Sad Sad

PostGuest on Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Haha, I was kidding. But Arizona was very good.
Grave Digger
Senior Journeyman
Senior Journeyman
S.P.A.M. :
50 / 5050 / 50

View user profile

PostGrave Digger on Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:50 am

Yeah I know, Iwas very syrprised that they made to the Super Bowl Smile Razz Very Happy

PostGuest on Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:17 am

I was too, but happy cause they were the underdog team and Steelers were the top dog team... And boy did they scare the bergiberz out of me that last minute of the game.
Spilo
Master
Master
Male Number of posts : 559
LMB Username : storm4937O
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2009-01-25
View user profile http://mln.lego.com/en-us/PublicView/storm4937O.aspx

PostSpilo on Fri May 15, 2009 6:08 pm

Yeah- that super bowl was a rip-off. No offense amb but the cardinals got ripped. They won that game! Suspect

PostGuest on Fri May 15, 2009 9:17 pm

Um, DO NOT GET ME STARTED!! It was not a rip off, actuall if anyone got ripped off, its the Steelers. They had one touchdown that was a touchdown and they took it away, then Cardinals got a "touchdown" which really wasnt, just Tomlin didnt throw the red flag so it did count. And that last touchdown, BOTH FEET WERE DOWN!!!!!!! Go look at pictures, people need to look at pictures and not just videos, pictures say it all.
Jυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ
Administrator
Administrator
Male Number of posts : 1437
LMB Username : dt
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2009-01-18
View user profile

PostJυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ on Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm

That 100-yard interception touchdown by the Steelers was my favorite part of the Super Bowl.

PostGuest on Sat May 16, 2009 3:24 pm

Jυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ wrote:That 100-yard interception touchdown by the Steelers was my favorite part of the Super Bowl.

Haha yea, James Harrison...amazing guy, and well, he's not meant for that much runnin. It was a LOT
Spilo
Master
Master
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

PostSpilo on Sun May 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Umm james harrison didn't score on the interception return. Look at the video. The refs made the right call when they said that Big Ben didn't score, the last td pass was a td!
Jυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostJυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ on Sun May 17, 2009 4:10 pm

That was a TD and I got plenty of sources to prove it (even from the official NFL web site)!

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2009/02/harrisons_100yard_interception.html

Here's a quote from the link above:

"...James Harrison (92) is congratulated by Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin following Harrison's 100-yard interception return for a touchdown during the second quarter of the NFL Super Bowl XLIII football game..."

http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story?id=09000d5d80e8364c&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Quote from NFL.com

"The play was reviewed to see if Harrison got the ball across the line for a touchdown, and the call was upheld, allowing the Steelers to seize a 17-7 lead..."

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2009/02/james_harrisons_100yard_interc_9.html

More quotes from source #3...XP

"But the ref stepped out of the booth, flipped on his microphone and said, "The ruling on the field stands." Thousands of Terrible-Towel-waving fans, having already turned Raymond James Stadium into Heinz Field South, went nuts while Jeff Reed trotted out to add the extra point."
Spilo
Master
Master
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

PostSpilo on Sun May 17, 2009 4:30 pm

Umm- It doesn't matter what they say- everyone( A lot of people) Are sayng otherwise- look at the video. Let's not start a flame war ok?
Jυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostJυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ on Sun May 17, 2009 4:34 pm

I was just trying to disprove your point...XP, nothin wrong with that!

PostGuest on Sun May 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Um, they reviewed the play, still counted as a touchdown, and the only people who disagree with the play are people who do not follow football and strongly dislike the Steelers. My best friend who was a Cardinal fan and strongly dislikes the Steelers even still said it was a touchdown. (not starting a flame war, and a flame war is more like when vial language is used)
Jυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostJυđgє Gคbrคηŧђ on Sun May 17, 2009 6:36 pm

Settle this by a debate....just kidding. Anyways that 100-yard interception was an amazing feat achieved by the Steelers. cheers

PostGuest on Sun May 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Thank you, I saw Bill Cowher at a hockey game, he wasnt the nicest fella. He's the old Steelers Coach. But, I like the how Giants beat the Patriots
Spilo
Master
Master
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

PostSpilo on Mon May 18, 2009 8:16 am

Also there were terrible penalty calls on the cards- I'm not a cards fan at all but I like good refs.
On the giants vs. patriots I was going for the giants! Very Happy

PostGuest on Mon May 18, 2009 5:39 pm

I was goin for the giants too, my family friend is a huge fan, and I didnt like the patriots, but it was a good fair game, and patriots made good plays. But it is impossible to get PERFECT refs. People just need to understand that no human being is perfect and everyone has flaws.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum