The LEGO Nostalgia Board
Welcome Guest, we hope you have a great time! If you're already a member, you can sign in here. Or if you're a guest, register and join the fun!
Announcements
Welcome to LEGO Message Boards Reborn. We're in the process of improving the forum and preparing it for more users.

Hello!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sam8432
Apprentice
Apprentice
Number of posts : 5
LMB Username : Sam8432
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2017-01-21
View user profile

PostSam8432 on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30 pm

'Hey! I'm a newbie compared to most you guys, since I've only been an MBer since 2012, but I've been more or less consistently active there for the past four and a half years. I'm Sam8432 on the MBs and KnightoftheLight on LMBW, so you may or may not know me from there. These look like great forums and I look forward to spending time here!
Tatoranaki
Administrator
Administrator
Male Number of posts : 1922
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2009-01-18

RPG Character Sheet
HP:
1500/1500  (1500/1500)
Character Name:
Attributes:
AttributesStrengthDefenseCunning
Pts
View user profile

PostTatoranaki on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Sam8432 wrote:'Hey! I'm a newbie compared to most you guys, since I've only been an MBer since 2012, but I've been more or less consistently active there for the past four and a half years. I'm Sam8432 on the MBs and KnightoftheLight on LMBW, so you may or may not know me from there. These look like great forums and I look forward to spending time here!

Welcome, Sam/Knight! Thanks for joining! Smile
Switch
Administrator
Administrator
Male Number of posts : 161
LMB Username : Fatcatnine
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2009-12-14
View user profile

PostSwitch on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:10 pm

Welcome aboard pal

You're our first new member since the reopening =^O
Keplers
Apprentice
Apprentice
Male Number of posts : 12
LMB Username : Keplers
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2013-05-18
View user profile

PostKeplers on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:03 pm

Reopening, eh....

[URL removed by administrator]

We may have been killed.

Last edited by Tatoranaki on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : No advertising. Thanks for understanding.)
Tatoranaki
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

RPG Character Sheet
HP:
1500/1500  (1500/1500)
Character Name:
Attributes:
Pts
View user profile

PostTatoranaki on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Keplers wrote:Reopening, eh....

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

Unfortunately, my friend, that forum name and graphic violates LEGO trademarks. So the moment LEGO legal catches sight of it, they technically are obligated to shut it down (trademark law - note: this is not legal advice). I like the concept though. It's smart to bring back the spirit of it. We could partner on something if you want.

Last edited by Tatoranaki on Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:59 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : URL removed)
Keplers
Apprentice
Apprentice
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostKeplers on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

Unfortunately, my friend, that forum name and graphic violates LEGO trademarks. So the moment LEGO legal catches sight of it, they technically are obligated to shut it down (trademark law - note: this is not legal advice). I like the concept though. It's smart to bring back the spirit of it. We could partner on something if you want.
The LMBE team has done extensive research and come to the opposite conclusion — especially as we have two LMB mods on the site.

Last edited by Tatoranaki on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : URL removed)
Switch
Administrator
Administrator
Male Number of posts : 161
LMB Username : Fatcatnine
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2009-12-14
View user profile

PostSwitch on Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

The LMBE team has done extensive research and come to the opposite conclusion — especially as we have two LMB mods on the site.
Odd since it explicitly says that LEGO can't be used in the URL.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Tatoranaki on Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : URL removed)
Keplers
Apprentice
Apprentice
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostKeplers on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:54 am

Switch wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

Incorrect. Read closely and you'll note it says "domain name." If we were only legomessageboards.net, that would be one thing, but since we're an unofficial sub-site of boards.net, it's not in the domain name.
Tatoranaki
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

RPG Character Sheet
HP:
1500/1500  (1500/1500)
Character Name:
Attributes:
Pts
View user profile

PostTatoranaki on Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:07 pm

Keplers wrote:
Switch wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

Incorrect. Read closely and you'll note it says "domain name." If we were only legomessageboards.net, that would be one thing, but since we're an unofficial sub-site of boards.net, it's not in the domain name.
It also says internet address. And even it said only domain, that's not the point they're trying to convey. A trademark is weakened by improper external use. LEGO must defend the trademark in order to retain the right to keep it. They're also trying to avoid brand confusion which would very likely be caused if the LEGO trademark is present at all in the internet address.
Keplers
Apprentice
Apprentice
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostKeplers on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:05 pm

Tatoranaki wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Switch wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

It also says internet address. And even it said only domain, that's not the point they're trying to convey. A trademark is weakened by improper external use. LEGO must defend the trademark in order to retain the right to keep it. They're also trying to avoid brand confusion which would very likely be caused if the LEGO trademark is present at all in the internet address.
legomessageboards.wikia.com.

Regardless, we have received no legal action and have the direct endorsement of one moderator, plus the indirect support of a second. From this standpoint, I believe we are safe.
Sam8432
Apprentice
Apprentice
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostSam8432 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Switch wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

Regardless, we have received no legal action and have the direct endorsement of one moderator, plus the indirect support of a second. From this standpoint, I believe we are safe.
How exactly do you guys know the people with Mods' names are the actual Mods? Razz
Keplers
Apprentice
Apprentice
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostKeplers on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Sam8432 wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Switch wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

How exactly do you guys know the people with Mods' names are the actual Mods? Razz
We've spoken with Koolkanin and had things confirmed only mods could possibly know. As for Catwizard, I found that his email address was connected to a LinkedIn account for a male LMB mod -- of whom Catwizard is the only one.
Tatoranaki
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

RPG Character Sheet
HP:
1500/1500  (1500/1500)
Character Name:
Attributes:
Pts
View user profile

PostTatoranaki on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Hey Keplers, are you still wanting to do an RPG?
Sam8432
Apprentice
Apprentice
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostSam8432 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:54 am

Keplers wrote:
Sam8432 wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Switch wrote:
Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:

[URL removed]

We may have been killed.

We've spoken with Koolkanin and had things confirmed only mods could possibly know. As for Catwizard, I found that his email address was connected to a LinkedIn account for a male LMB mod -- of whom Catwizard is the only one.
That makes sense. =P
Keplers
Apprentice
Apprentice
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

View user profile

PostKeplers on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:16 am

Tatoranaki wrote:Hey Keplers, are you still wanting to do an RPG?
Sorry, I'm not. It's been three and a half years. Razz
Tatoranaki
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

RPG Character Sheet
HP:
1500/1500  (1500/1500)
Character Name:
Attributes:
Pts
View user profile

PostTatoranaki on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:12 pm

Keplers wrote:
Tatoranaki wrote:Hey Keplers, are you still wanting to do an RPG?
Sorry, I'm not. It's been three and a half years. Razz
That's alright. Razz A lot of things change in that span of time.
elliwhi
Craftsman
Craftsman
Female Number of posts : 73
LMB Username : Elliwhi1008751
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

Registration date : 2009-01-31
View user profile http://www.mln.lego.com/en-us/publicview/elliwhi1008751.aspx

Postelliwhi on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

^^^It's only been a few days since the reopening, and there's already beef on the forum. Razz 

Welcome newbie! Smile
Tatoranaki
Administrator
Administrator
S.P.A.M. :
0 / 500 / 50

RPG Character Sheet
HP:
1500/1500  (1500/1500)
Character Name:
Attributes:
Pts
View user profile

PostTatoranaki on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:52 pm

elliwhi wrote:^^^It's only been a few days since the reopening, and there's already beef on the forum. Razz 

Welcome newbie! Smile
Haha, it's all resolved now, methinks.

Welcome back, elliwhi!
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum