The LEGO Nostalgia Board
Welcome Guest, we hope you have a great time! If you're already a member, you can sign in here. Or if you're a guest, register and join the fun!
Announcements
Welcome to LEGO Message Boards Reborn. We're in the process of improving the forum and preparing it for more users.

SupremeCommanderSturm's Blog

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SCS
Journeyman
Journeyman
Male Number of posts : 183
LMB Username : SupremeCommanderSturm
S.P.A.M. :
2 / 502 / 50

Registration date : 2009-04-07
View user profile http://www.roblox.com/

PostSCS

Hi, welcome to my blog. Feel free to read, while I ramble on about different stuff.

First, I shall ramble on about... eh... maybe later, in a later post.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

SupremeCommanderSturm's Blog :: Comments

SCS
Journeyman
Journeyman
S.P.A.M. :
2 / 502 / 50

Post on Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:14 pm by SCS

I went to the fair again on friday. I will list the rides I rode, in the following template:
Ride name
Description
Excitement
Intensity
Scare Factor
Number of times ridden

Template explained:
"Ride name" is the name of the ride.

"Description" is a description of the ride.

"Excitement" is how exciting a ride is, like sensations of hurtling toward the ground, flying, and other fun things.

"Intensity" is how intense a ride is, based on speed, g-forces, extremeness, etc.

"Scare Factor" is stuff about the ride that is scary, not necessarily intensity.

"Number of times ridden" is how many times I rode a ride.

Excitement and Intensity will be numerical values on a scale of 0 (least) to 10 (greatest).

I use the word "cab" to mean what you sit in on a ride.
---------
Name: Extreme Tilt-a-whirl
Description: You sit in half sphere cabs (ride seating device) that go up and down on a circular track and the cabs can spin very fast.
Excitement: 5
Intensity: 5
Scare Factor: 0.5
Number of times ridden: 3 or 4 times I think
--

Name: Sizzler
Description: You sit in a long seat on an arm that rotates around a central arm, and the seats spin, and you get the sensation of crashing sideways. It is an awesome sensation.
Excitement: 4
Intensity: 3
Scare Factor: 0.5
Number of times ridden: 2
--

Name: Spider
Description: You sit in a cab that can rotate, on an arm, that moves up and down while moving in a circle.
Excitement: 7
Intensity: 7
Scare Factor: 5
--

Name: Swings (I'm not sure if this is the official name)
Description: You sit in a swing seat attached to a rotating poll, and force lifts you up into the air and you go in a circle.
Excitement: 4
Intensity: 2
Scare Factor: 3
Number of times ridden: 1
--

Name: Downdraft
Description: You sit in a seat that goes in a circle around a poll. The g-forces are extreme, and they push you into the bottom and side of the seat. You are very high. Eventually you go up and down, and you lift off of your seat a little bit. It is exhillarating.
Excitement: 5
Intensity: 8
Scare Factor: 7
Number of times ridden: 3 or 4 times
--

Name: Egg Roll/Zipper (it kinda has two names...)
Description: You sit in an enclosed pod-like thing, attached to a farris-wheel like device, that goes really fast. The pods are free-rolling, so you can spin upsidedown as little or as much as you want. I went for little. xD. And, when you are coming down (it goes vertically in a circle) I roll forward, and I see the ground coming towards me uber fast, and I'm slammed up against the bar, lifted off my seat. And, when you go upside down, you epicly lift off of your seat. It... is.... EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excitement: 10
Intensity: 10
Scare Factor: 10
--

Name: Farris Wheel (sp?)
Description: ..It's a farris wheel... xD...
Excitement: 2
Intensity: 2
Scare Factor: 4
Number of times ridden: 1
--

Name: Hangliders (sp?) (I don't know whether or not this is the official name)
Description: You lay stomach down on a seat big enough to lay on, over the shoulder restraints go on, that make sure you don't fall forward or side to side, or back (I think). The gliders are attached to a giant wheel, that starts spinning slowly but picks up speed and tilts pretty high. At the maximum height, you are going pretty high, and you get the awesome sensation of flying up into the air and then flying back down to earth.
Excitement: 8.5
Intensity: 4
Scare Factor: 4

Egg Roll/Zipper is definitly one of my favorite, if not my favorite, ride at the fair. It is EPIC and fun!! Very Happy
SCS
Journeyman
Journeyman
S.P.A.M. :
2 / 502 / 50

Post on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:19 pm by SCS

I went to the fair today, and I'm going again tomorrow. I'll rate the rides I rode today in my opinion using an intensity scale from 0 - 10.
(Template: Ride Name - Intensity scale)
I rode (in the order I rode them):
Superslide - 1
Sizzler - 5
Spider - 7
Sizzler - 5
Farris Wheel - 1
Downdraft - 8
Downdraft - 8
Hangliders - 6
Sponsored content

Post  by Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum